The last 8 days have been hardly easy.
Judah had surgery last wednesday and continue to be in serious pain until Tuesday, when he seemed to turn the corner. I think the healing and recovery was lengthened because he got chemo two days after surgery . It was 1 drug short of a complete regimen, but it still knocked him down pretty low.
With surgery and chemo recovery happening, we honestly could have “left” the training and learning how to use the g-tube. Needless to say, this house got little to no sleep.
But we are getting the hang of it. Judah’s taking in more feeds and Matthew and I are feeling more confident hooking him up, flushing, and clamping him!
He has color again. He has a bit of energy. He has a smile. And he is back to loudly narrating his game play. This weeks obsession, Mario + Rabbids Kindgom Battle. He’s been asking for it since he got his Switch from the Amazing Currans! I was hesitant to buy it for him because, honestly, it looked like he would get bored of it. It’s not a typical video game. Boy was I wrong. He LOVES it!
Current prayer needs:
1) that the dr at Vandy will call us with ideas on chemo
2) that the chemo can continue and be effect at killing the cancer not just stopping growth
We would love prayers for this weekend (really EVERY WEEKEND)
1) that Judah will stay fever free
2) that he will continue to feel better and better
3) that there will be NO reason to call the on-call Dr or go to the ER